Crafting a Sustainable Organization
4 Critical Components
Our comprehensive program provides your team with all the tools and knowledge required to create a sustainable lean organization. We significantly improve your ROI by compounding the synergistic effects of four critical components working together.
- Methodology: Lean is the systematic elimination of waste and we provide a systematic approach that leverages our best in class Certified Lean Master program. This project-based program blends education with application and has consistently demonstrated value that often exceeds $50,000 per project.
- Measurement: Achieving cross functional bottom line results and changing the organizational culture are aspects of a lean program that are always the most challenging. Our program includes specific methods for assessing your value streams and the cultural transformation so that you are assured progress is being made.
- Coaching: Our experts provide guidance at the critical milestones. We help you organize for success, select the right projects, assess your progress, and become leaders in the lean community. We bring the templates, assessments, knowledge, and experience that you need.
- Community: The power of multiple organizations leveraging the same comprehensive program allows everyone to share best practices and seek help from others who have overcome similar challenges. Our community is actively collaborating to incorporate emerging trends into our program and share knowledge of best practices.
While each of the above four components provides great value, it is the synergy between them that allows our comprehensive program to be much greater than the sum of the parts. As a result, your ability to create a sustainable lean organization is far better than any alternative approach in the market today.
“Excellent program! It has provided a strong start to our lean implementation and provided a common language and framework for our team which comes from diverse backgrounds. It was well worth the investment.” – Scott Denning, SVP Operations, StrionAir
The 5 Principles of Lean (Specify Value, Identify Value Streams, Create Flow, Leverage Pull, and Seek Perfection) are at the core of our methodology.
Through the systematic application of these principles, we teach your team how to focus on value as specified by stakeholders and eliminate waste in all value streams.
The framework for learning and applying the lean tools is built into our Certified Lean Master program. This project-based program requires participants to define and work an improvement project during a 90 day period.
You leverage our competitive advantage as we help you craft the right projects and empower your employees to deliver improvement in 90 day cycles.
A typical approach is to start with one team and one project; you then progress to two teams and two projects, then three, and then four, and continue to the point where you have everyone fully engaged.
The cultural transformation occurs as employees are engaged and everyone begins to use the same systematic approach to specify value and eliminate waste.
“The Certified Lean Master program is excellent and the business results real and measurable. We have already realized significant improvements in our operations in just a few short months.” – Jodi Lynn Walsh, Certified Lean Master, Lexmark International
While research identifies creating a sustainable organization as the top priority of a comprehensive lean program, the second priority is providing an ability to measure the cultural transformation. We accomplish this by taking the pulse of the culture for an organization at the beginning of the journey and monitor progress at key milestones.
We help the leadership team see how the culture is improving as employees become engaged in projects and begin eliminating waste. The cultural transformation also includes the transition to a focus on the root cause of process problems vs. blaming a person for something that is not under their control.
In addition to measuring the cultural transformation, we also analyze the performance of your value streams. This helps identify areas where improvement projects are needed. A follow-up assessment will provide evidence that performance has improved.
“Measuring the cultural transformation through employee surveys is a brilliant aspect of the lean transformation program from Transformance Advisors.” – Jennifer Johnson, Executive Director, Boulder County Independent Business Alliance
Our approach to coaching your team in crafting a sustainable lean organization is to provide knowledge and guidance at critical milestones in the journey. We want to teach your team how to fish, let them practice fishing, provide suggestions, and then get out of the way.
Beyond the coaching provided during individual projects, we also help you during the other phases of your journey. We help you:
- Establish your lean initiative
- Conduct value stream assessments
- Organize for success
- Conduct cultural assessments
- Launch your lean initiative
- Join the lean community
- Monitor progress
- Make course corrections
“Leading a lean transformation is both challenging and rewarding. Our goal is to help you succeed by providing your team the tools, knowledge, and advice they need.” – Mike Loughrin, CEO, Transformance Advisors Inc.
A comprehensive lean program depends upon the power of a community to drive the development and sharing of best practices. Public courses, tours, networking, and a newsletter – the Transformance Communiqué provide the opportunity to learn from other organizations which are taking on similar challenges.
The structure of the Certified Lean Master program actively promotes the sharing of ideas by all participants. Leveraging project presentations and open discussion, participants learn how to improve their own understanding while also providing suggestions to their classmates.
Opportunities also exist for advanced levels of engagement whereby members of the community can host a tour, contribute to course development, present at a networking event, and showcase a success story in the Transformance Communiqué.
“The community of like-minded organizations brought together by Transformance Advisors is a great resource for any team making the lean journey.” – Dr. Charles A. Watts, Executive Director, International Supply Chain Education Alliance
Putting it all Together
We have assembled all the components which provide an incredibly cost effective means for creating a sustainable lean organization:
- Our methodology is based upon the 5 principles of lean and leverages project-based public courses which reduce cost and increase value as participant’s help one another succeed.
- Our transformation commitment puts a focus on measuring the cultural change and documenting improvements to your value streams.
- Our coaching approach includes a detailed road map designed to empower your people with the tools they need while providing guidance at critical milestones.
- Our community of like-minded organizations provides access to others that are taking the same journey and provides you the ability to contribute in a manner that improves the community and increases the value you receive.