I was at a wine and dinner party at Boulder Creek Winery.
All was great.
During the conversation, the co-owner started to talk about 5S. I thought it was going to be a cool discussion about the application of lean at a winery.
This is going to be great.
Tell Me More
Mike Thompson, the co-owner, went on to inform me that 5S is:
- Sight: how does the wine look?
- Swirl: get the wine rolling in your glass.
- Sniff: what aromas do you smell?
- Sip: go ahead, have some.
- Savor: enjoy the fruit of the wine maker’s labor.